Monday, January 9, 2012

Men vs Women

I met a gentlemen the other day at a networking function whose eyes lit up when I told him that I own an estate sale business. He mentioned that he and his wife will change their initial destination if they are out driving  and run across an estate sale sign. They will quickly turn around to hit that estate sale. I tend to hear that a lot, but the conversation got me to thinking about who is more of an estate sale junkie-- men or women?

On the surface, when you think about shopping and shoppers you would probably lean toward those of us of the female persuasion. I have concluded that men are the official estate sale junkies! Based on my unofficial survey, I tend to have more male customers lined up outside the door on the first day of my sales than women. I thought it strange at first; however, the men are wanting first dibs on those tools and electronics which tend to go rather quickly. My men folk will purchase items that neither I nor they can identify. For instance, I've had a customer to tell me, 'well I'll figure it out when I get home.' This just tickles me to death. On the other hand, women tend to think along the lines of getting more for less. I think this is why I tend to see more women on the last day of my sales when everything is 1/2 off. So men, we may have the malls conquered but you all definitely rule in the estate sale arena! Audience, what do you think? Men or women?

http://www.ciajestates.weebly.com

No comments: